Originally built in 1909 for the Welborn family, this structure serves as the heart of Colorado Academy for students and families. Welborn House is an important centerpiece of the campus as it is the first place that students walk through to embark on their new school journey, and is the final place they gather before walking across the lawn for graduation.
Fransen Pittman worked extensively to protect and preserve the historic nature of the building while revitalizing the building to ensure that it continues to serve generations of CA students. While helping restore the original House, FP also constructed two additions on either side connected by breezeways. These additions expand the administrative capability and functionality of the building by adding more offices, kitchen spaces, and a warm welcome area.